Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy!

So happy tonight!  Just had a wonderful shopping trip with my daughter, mother and daughter's friend and bought daughter's wedding dress!  For ----$99!!!  I wasn't even steering her to just try on sale dresses - but went and found this one and as usual - mama finds the perfect dress.  She looked beautiful, I teared up - it was perfect!


For some reason, I was exhausted last night!  Don't know why - couldn't even get up and come down to the computer and fell asleep by 10:30.  Guess I was gearing up for today.


My friend told me that I needed to have a plan for the weekends and obviously she was right.  I'm home alone right now - but I'm happy with that.  I just need to make sure I don't sit around every Saturday by myself with nothing to do but feel sorry for myself.  One thing that was not good about today was sitting in front of mirrors all day - ugh - still have a long way to go.  But I feel good about the fact that I have been working out regularly - I've got time to get there - today is 1 year and 2 months from her wedding.  


Not in much of an introspective "writing" mood today - but I have been doing some major thinking about some topics for later.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there with the working out. Study after study shows that light to moderate weight training (not body building) is hugely beneficial to folks after 40. Just a motivational tidbit for ya. If I could offer some unsolicited advice, when you work out, concentrate on your 'core' (abs, lower back, etc.) Core strength training burns loads of calories, and helps with overall posture. It will also help prevent other inuries associated with working out such as back strains, the most common workout inury.

    FYI, still wavering on the blog. Oddly, have written a few pieces just haven't published. I guess I like the 'sound of my own voice.' ...I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete