Thursday, April 14, 2011

Music

Ahhh - washing clothes, packing sheets & towels - getting ready to go tomorrow at 9!!  Looks like rain on Saturday so we have to get our sun time in tomorrow!


I've discovered a renewed interest in pop music and have been trying to expand my horizons in the last few months.  Ex and daughter always had that in common - ex liked to listen to newer stuff and rap - which I've always hated.  But as deaf as he is - he is better at hearing the lyrics then me and that's what he appreciated.  I got myself an Ipod Shuffle to work out with and downloaded the Grammy nominated song album off of Itunes - and I've loved it.  Just about every one of the songs either relates to my life right now - or it's just fun.


My interest in changing my listening habits has mostly been precipitated by the fact that I used to listen to country music.  And in case you haven't noticed - country music is pretty much all about happy marriages, true love OR unhappy marriages and heartbreak!  I pretty much don't want to listen to either one!  


But my new "theme" as it were is going to be Michale Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet"  - I'm going to post the lyrics in the sidebar.  First of all - it's a great tempo for the treadmill and the other thingy I work out on that I can't remember it's name!  But it's so upbeat and it's basically saying that I know someone's out there and when I meet them - it will be great!  I just walk with a smile on my face and picture myself in that song.


So - I know you're out there -


I might have to wait, I'll never give up
I guess it's half timing, and the other half's luck
Wherever you are, whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life

I just haven't met you yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment