Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mother In Law

Tomorrow is my former mother-in-law's birthday.  Daughter and ex are going over to see her tomorrow and I asked if I could go too.  He was very weird about it so I said never mind.  I'm not sure how I feel about that!  


Let me go back and say that MIL has dementia and she and my FIL live in an assisted living facility about an hour away.  They called me last week to ask me to do a legal document for them on this software I have and they were very sweet.  FIL told me he's pay me to do it - to which I laughed!  I told them I loved them both and always would and would be happy to do anything they needed me to do for them.  They asked me to come see them.  I've talked to ex about them several times and he's asked my advice on situations with them.  I told him they asked me to come see them and he thought that would be great.  


SOOO - me asking to ride over with him and daughter for her birthday was not totally out of left field or inappropriate.  So I guess I'm just sort of curious on why he acted that way about it.  We've had lunch with daughter together, we're going in together on buying her a Kindle for her birthday - it's not like we can't get along with each other.  He knows they want to see me and I think she'd be really tickled for me to come over for her birthday (although, I doubt if she remembers it's her birthday - but she does still know who people are)  


I'm just going to write it off to him wanting to be alone with daughter for the trip over and back.  I've tried to honestly look at it and I am being truthful when I say my feelings aren't hurt - I guess I just think it's weird!


So I went and bought a card today and will send it with daughter and not worry about it.  Happy Birthday dear MIL!  I love you very much even if you did raise a nutjob!

No comments:

Post a Comment