Thursday, March 31, 2011

Am I 50? or 15?

Lord have mercy, I never thought I'd be chasing boys around town and acting like an idiot teenager!  My friends at work have a guy they want to fix me up with.  When we went to lunch today - with me unfortunately NOT at the wheel, they decided to go cruise around to see if they could find him at lunch so I could see him.  When they couldn't find him, they drove out to his business and he wasn't there either.  BUT - as we were finally going to eat, they saw him heading back to work and the driver literally slammed on brakes and turned around in the middle of the street!  She pulled up right next to his truck and then the girl in the passenger side started talking to him while the driver is turning around to me, "Can  you see him?  He's cute, isn't he?  I'm going to open the van door"  Me - "NO - you're embarrasing me!!!  I feel like an idiot."  


So she opens the door anyway!  Ask him if he remembers J who's in the seat next to me and then says, "Do you know Move On?"  He said he'd noticed me before. I smile, say hello - probably 50 shades of red.  


So we finally drive off - He said he NOTICED you - did you hear that??  I was laughing like a fool and feeling like a fool at the same time.  


I know why people used to die so young - so they didn't live so long they got sick of their mate and then had to find another one when they were too old!  You shouldn't be 50 years old and sitting beet red in the back of your girlfriend's van (the van she has for her 2 kids - not a cool make out van from back in the day) tongue-tied and not knowing what to say to a perfect stranger.  I wish I could be like ANY of the girls on "Sex and The City".  They had no problems meeting people and starting up something - I've always felt too stupid being obvious about checking someone out.  I guess that's that '70's "good" girl coming out even now.


Other than that - had a good day - very little coughing and had a GREAT sweaty workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment