Monday, March 28, 2011

I Feel the Bitch Coming On

Felt pretty good this morning but as the afternoon wore on - the coughing started again!  UGH - I'm so sick of being sick!


To continue a little on yesterday's theme - I am about ready to go into bitch mode on the ex!  He has left a lot of furniture here that HE wanted and we agreed he would take.  He's been gone since November 12th - the shit's still here.  I've been nothing but nice about it - no hurry, after the holidays would be good, after you get a place is fine... - and as usual when I'm nice and let him take his time doing something - it doesn't get done.  I finally had to keep after him to call our mutual freind that we've known for 20 years and that HE hadn't called in the 3 months since he'd left - about helping him get the stuff and borrowing his truck.  But by the time ex called him - the friend had several weeks in a row that he had other obligations.  Then the friend has been sick the last 2 weeks.


So why am I finally getting pissed about it?  As I said yesterday, daughter's future in-laws are coming next week and they're bringing an old sectional for their son.  Son's apartment isn't big enough for an entire sectional, so they're going to put part of it here until they get married and move into a bigger place.  And it's supposed to go in the den - where ex's Lazy Boy sofa and chair have been sitting for 4 months now.  I need it out of here so I can clean what I'm sure is a mess underneath it in time for future in-laws to bring the other sofa.


Daughter has told him that it's got to be out by April 1.  Let's have a show of hands on how many people believe that ex will take the initiave to either get someone else to help him or actually spend a dime and rent a U-Haul?  Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?


And it's really working me up because this is SO typical of him.  Nothing ever got done when I was nice.  I can't tell you how many times he'd get mad at me because I would finally blow my top over something - and it would be something minor - but it was after I'd asked nicely for a week.  The only thing that would get him off his lazy butt was for me to be a bitch about it - and then he'd talk about what a bitch I was.  I can't tell you how many conversations we'd have about ways to communicate that would make things better.  "Steps" as it were for me to take and ways for me to ask him to do something.  If I would just ask nicely, ask ahead of time, write it down, make a list.... then he would certainly do the things he needed to do without me bitching.  It was my bitching that made him procrastinate.  I would follow the steps, ask nicely, ask a week ahead of time, write it down, post a list and guess what?????  You got it - not done.  But somehow it was always MY fault that HE didn't do anything around the damn house.


So I've been very understanding and patient for four months.  FOUR MONTHS that he's left major pieces of furniture here.  Four months that he has basically been living in a trailor with a bed, a desk that was left in the trailer and a TV.  No sofa, no chairs, no end tables, no chest of drawers.  He specifically called and asked for the grill after the divorce papers were signed and I said sure.  The damn grill is sitting out on the deck along with the OLD grill that he never hauled off.


So I'm telling the world now - if that shit is sitting here on Friday when I come home from work - THE BITCH IS BACK.

1 comment: